HIGHLY SKILLED TEAM
Mechanical workshop carries out repair of all kinds of:
- Main and auxiliary diesel engines
- Air, refrigeration and air-conditioning compressors
- Heat exchangers
- Air coolers
- High-pressure fuel pumps and nozzles
- Hydraulic units – hydrocylinders and hydro pumps
- Pressure vessels
Turning of details:
- Shafts of length up to 16 000 mm
- Gear wheels of diameter up to 720 mm
- Other details of diameter up to 2 500 mm
The mechanical shop is equipped with vulcanizer, foundry and forging area where:
- Rubber details up to 250 mm can be vulcanized
- Details of cast iron, aluminum, bronze, zinc and other of weight up to 160 kg can be casted, as well as zinc and aluminum anodes
- Details of weight up to 100 kg can be forged.
Licensed service stations in the territory of Odessos Shiprepair Yard S.A carry repairs of:
Steel workshop is well equipped and carries out all kinds of repair works and conversions.
Experienced specialists perform successful repairs and conversions to:
- Shell plating, various hull structures and units
- Double-curvature fore ends and aft ends
- Hatch covers
- Reefers with all specificity of heat insulation in holds.
Pipe workshop carries out all kinds of pipes such as steel, stainless and copper pipes for cargo, ballast, heating and hydraulic systems.
- Pipeline modification
- Fabrication and installation of new pipelines
Electrical workshop carries out:
- Repair and rewinding of all kinds of electrical equipment, motors, generators up to 400 kW
- New marine equipment – removal and installation
- Laying cable runs
- Preventive maintenance, repair and inspection of generator cutout switches and instrumentation
- Repair and certification of radio navigational and communication equipment, steering gears
BLASTING & PAINTING
Blasting and painting workshop carries out all operations on hull cleaning and reconditioning as well as fuel tank cleaning:
- Grit blasting to SA 2,5 according to the Swedish Standard
- Water blasting up to 2500 bar
- Application of various protective coatings, incl. silicone antifouling coating and painting
We offer a complete applying of advanced fouling control coating with high solids content – silicone paint and repair of already existing one. The technology for repair of already existing silicon based paint coating is the same as laying an entire new one. In order to precisely apply the coating we strictly follow all the requirements of the producer of the paint. Our shipyard had already applied silicon based coatings of all the famous producers of silicon paints – Hempel, Sigma, International, Jotun and others.
Carpentry workshop is fully equipped and staffed with highly talented and experienced craftsmen to handle a wide variety of jobs. They perform regular maintenance and repair work such as:
- Partial or complete repair of insulation in reefers’ holds
- Repair and fabrication of new furniture and paneling in superstructure
- Repair of plastic vessels by using polymeric materials and resins
- All kinds of carpentry at the request of the customer
Docking workshop organizes vessel’s introduction from the roads to a dock/berth and her taking out from the yard. Own tugboats and experienced pilots assist in shifting and accommodation of ships.
Other basic activities of the Docking Shop are:
- round-the-clock servicing of vessels by gantry cranes in case of necessity
- arrangement of keel block ways acc. drawings by the Technical Department, preparation and docking of the vessels in the floating docks and the graving dock
- carrying out transport and rigging operations on them
- testing of life boats and davits, ship cranes, overhead electric hoists, accommodation ladders, portable gangways, chain blocks, shackles and slings
- preparation of templates for frames and plating of vessels under repair
Technical Department of Odessos Shiprepair Yard SA includes the following sections:
- Design bureau “Hull Structure”
- Design bureau “Machinery and Pipe Systems”
- Section „Quality Control”
- Non-destructive Testing Laboratory
- Chemical and Testing Laboratory
Technical department prepares documents and carries out the following activities:
- Drawings and procedures for repair of ship’s hull structures, machinery parts and systems, welding procedures and docking plans;
- Design projects for new ship’s structures, mechanisms and pipe systems;
- Testing procedures for load lifting cranes, machinery and systems;
- Reporting of repair of hull structure, mechanical parts, engines, systems and electric equipments, as well as carried out load, pressure or non-destructive tests;
- Non-destructive testing of welding joints, mechanical parts and castings: US, MPI, dye-penetration and radiography;
- Carrying out and reporting of class thickness US measurements of ship’s hull structure;
- Quality control inspection;
- Chemical analysis and mechanical tests of metals, gas-free inspection of ship’s tanks;
FIRE & SAFETY
The firefighting service at the yard is available on a 24-hour basis. Each vessel’s repair is attended by a firewatcher for the purpose of risk assessment.
Safety and environment protection is a priority for Odessos Shiprepair Yard S.A.. Yard complies with all actual standards on the environment protection. We have elaborated a Waste Management Program and a Plan for the reception of wastes from shipping in compliance with the requirements under MARPOL 73/78.
Yard has entered into contractual relationships with Marine Antipollution Enterprise JSCo.
The cascade separator at our berth No. 4 separates oil derivatives from water by gravity, thereby helping the waste reclamation.
Odessos Shiprepair Yard S.A. is certified to BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
Odessos Shiprepair Yard S.A. has its own storage base for all basic materials and spare parts:
- Store for electrical materials and bearings
- Store for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, welding materials, industrial gases
- Store for fasteners, rubber products, fuels and oils
- Store for pipes, valves, fittings
- Store for tools, spare parts and automotive parts
- Store for chemicals, blasting grit, insulation materials, inert materials
- Store for working clothes and PPE
- Store for scrap