- Date of arrival: 12 October 2015
- Date of departure: 16 February 2016
- Vessel’s name: M/V SEABRIGHT
- Vessel’s type: Oil / Product Tanker
- Gross Tonnage: 29993
- Deadweight: 45800 t
- Length x Breadth: 183,00 x 32,20 m
- Year built: 2006
Tasks performed for this project:
- Standard drydock works – hull treatment, anchors/chains, anodes, etc.
- Removal of propeller, rudder blade, tailshaft and intermediate shaft
- Repair of Main engine and Auxiliary engines and reconditioning of details
- Construction of new stern cargo line
- Repair of deck mooring gear
Our long time, over 22 years, client the major Greek shipping / management company Thenamaris Shipmanagement , choose to award Odessos Shiprepair Yard for repair work to ‘Seabright’. She had to carry out standard dry docking, extensive repairs to the tailshaft /stern tube arrangement (due to bent stern tube, bent tailshaft and destroyed stern tube bearings); also a number of upgrades.
Standard dry dock works – including:
- washing, blasting, hull painting
- taking measurements on the propeller-rudder system
- propeller polishing
- bow-thruster propeller cleaning and polishing
- ICCP anodes system replacement
- anchor, anchor chain and chain locker maintenance
- stern ramp repair and maintenance
Removal of propeller, rudder blade, tailshaft and intermediate shaft
- Complete measurements of alignment of shafts / bearings, M Engine, stern tube, including laser test, jack-up tests, sag-and-gap measurements
- Stern tube – machining of fore and aft bearing seats for proper alignment
- Renewal of stern tube fore and aft bearings
- Tailshaft and intermediate shaft, machining of all journals on lathe, also tailshaft’s taper end and all coupling flanges – faces, bolt holes, sides; fabrication of new sets of coupling bolts
- Precise grinding and fitting of tailshaft taper end to propeller internal taper
- Main Engine re-alignment and chock-fasting, intermediate shaft bearing re-position
Repair different pumps (cargo, ballast, fire / gen. service, stripping, etc.), el motors, alternators
Repair of Main engine and Auxiliary engines and reconditioning of details:
- Cylinder covers
- Exhaust valves, other valves
- Piston units, stuffing boxes
- Cooling jackets
- Bearings – main, crank pin, crosshead
- Turbochargers, air coolers, other coolers, heaters
- RPM governors
Construction of new stern cargo line
- Cargo Line 12”, st.steel, incl. valves, pipe support structures, etc.
- Stripping Line 1 ½”, st.steel, incl. same
- Chemical pasivation of the new lines internally
- Aft manifold arrangement incl. crane, work platform with spill tank, fire gun, foam fire line modifications, etc.
- Modification of the poop deck structures and equipment as appropriate
Repair of deck mooring gear – windlasses and winches dismantling and re-bushing, recondition of shafts’ journals, etc.
The client was very much satisfied by the good cooperation and prompt response of the Shipyard for effecting of extensive and sophisticated repairs on the M Engine – Intermediate Shaft – Tailshaft – Stern tube and Bearings. We wish Seabright fair winds!